CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (13)

Day 13: 2nd. Station
Jesus accepts his cross

I was in the crowd at Pilate's place and saw them burden you with that rough, heavy beam. You winced in pain and for a moment, I thought you would collapse under its weight. How I wished to run to you and help you carry it. But it was not to be. Still, I could feel its weight. And I had to look on you helplessly -wanting to help you but unable.

Reflection
There have been times, Mother, when I have deliberately missed the opportunity to help, to be of service. Times when I have refused to lend a hand. Even when there was a genuine request, I have turned a deaf ear. Mother, in times like these, make me aware of the fact that whenever I turn down one of the least of these, I refuse your Son too.

0 comments: