CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (14 and Conclusion)

Day 14: 1st. Station
Jesus is condemned to death

It all began here. That roar of angry voices, the hoarse cries, the frenzied mob, the implacable hatred and sly scheming of the chief priests, scribes and pharisees. I saw it all. I saw how Pilate's resistance collapsed in the face of determined onslaught. I felt the malice, hypocrisy and injustice of it all. I could not understand why he had to die. For what crime was he condemned? I felt angry and frustrated. I wished he would speak up and defend himself. But he was silent. And they condemned him.

Reflection
Mother, victims of injustice and false accusations look to you for help and strength. Those who fight for injustice in the world need your assistance. Come to our rescue, Mother, and give us courage to withstand.

Concluding Prayer
We thank you Mary, for having suffered for us. Having walked the way of the cross with you, help us join our sufferings with the sufferings of your Son, and ultimately live better lives as He would have liked us to.

0 comments: