CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 09, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (12)

Day 12: 3rd. Station
Jesus falls the first time

I had seen him fall many times before. First, as a child when learning to take his first steps. Then, as a grown man, sink to the floor with sheer fatigue after a hard day's work or a rough, rugged journey. I had seen him lie down in frustration when discouraged. But this was different. The echo of the thud that followed his fall reverberated in my heart. There I stood, helpless and terrified in the crowd. But slowly, he rose and the pain in my heart began to ease and the sigh of my relief, loud.

Reflection
Mother, I wonder if my heart aches to see my brother or sister fall. Do I share in his or her pain? Rather, I sometimes see in myself, a tendency to "rejoice" at others' weaknesses and misfortune. Mother Mary, help me to be a changed person who will weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice.

0 comments: