CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 09, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (11)

Day 11: 4th. Station
Jesus meets his mother

This is the place where I first met him face to face on the way to Calvary. Till now, I had been in the crowds, kept away from him by friends as well as the soldiers. Finally, I managed to look at him and let myself be seen by him. A surge of emotions swelled up in my heart. Sorrow mingled with joy. I saw his face register surprise, pain, relief. I saw a faint smile and noticed the tears in his eyes. He looked as if he wanted to reach out and caress my cheek as he used to. I could not go near enough to touch him. I stood and gazed and did the only thing I could do under the cruel circumstances - let our hearts meet in communion.

Reflection
Mary my Mother, many times I have felt totally helpless in the face of human suffering; words being useless and superfluous. Gestures feeling empty and meaningless. During these times, mere presence and union suffice. Help me mother, to be so totally human as to be able to give courage to a suffering brother or sister just by my presence.

0 comments: