CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anti ISA Update (5): I read the news...

"I saw the news today oh boy.....about a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad, well I just had to laugh....."

so goes the opening words of the old Beatles classic "A Day In The Life".

Well, I caught the Aljazeera 101 East repeat broadcast on the topic "Malaysia Internal Security Act" on 8 August 09. And like the song goes, the news was rather sad...but I had to laugh.... at some of the comments made by one individual who was interviewed before the main panelists came on board.

Like this young mahasiswa (I don't know from which U) but whose English was err... let's just say "inadequate" to say the least, who was striving with all his might to defend the use of the ISA because "it's the only way we can protect the rights of the Malays in this country".....or something to that effect.

Err..I don't get it..., what's Malay rights got to do with the ISA? Maybe he studied too hard and now the bulbs have gone off in his head...but I think this is what he was trying to say: That the "pendatangs" are responsible for the "erosion of Malay rights", and it is therefore agreeable that the ISA is to be used against these "enemies" of the Malays. Only one problem with that: Last time I checked, the majority of the those detained under the ISA are Malays and I assume, bumiputras!

Alamak bruder, just where did you get your ideas lah? Or were you just another willing "mangsa" being told what to say by some Big Brother?

Check out what's wrong with the ISA in this Nut Graph interview with R. Sivarasa, PKR V/P, who himself was held under the Act.

Part 1 here
Part 2 here

Then just to let off some steam, watch this video.

0 comments: