CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (8)

Day 8: 7th. Station
Jesus falls a second time

Mary says: He staggered for a moment, dragged himself forward and then fell prostrate on the rough ground. I saw the stones scrap his chest. I saw his face buried in the mud. I saw the heavy cross fall on him with a heavy thud. Yet, it was not just the weight of the cross, not mere exhaustion; it was the coldness and cruelty of men. It was the malice, the anger among those that were uncomfortable with him that had brought him down. How I wished I could touch him and tenderly care for him. But, there he was - his face in the dust. And I could not do a thing for my Son.

Reflection
Mary, there have been moments when I have been cold and cruel, responding with unconcern to a lonely, love seeking heart. There have been moments when I have hardened my heart. I have not used my capacity to love. Mary my Mother, teach me to love as you did. It will not be easy, but let me try.

0 comments: