CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 05, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (7)

Day 7: 8th. Station
Jesus speaks to the weeping women

There were some women there. I recognised a few of them. Some of them were my friends. Some of them had seen my Son growing up from a child, first to a boy and then into a man. They had witnessed his rapid rise to fame. Many of them had cautioned me against this, fearing some ruin at the end. And now their predictions had come true. They wept, they sobbed, they felt helpless. They could not lift a finger to help him. My Son appreciated their sympathy. He needed it. His face lit up a bit. I could see him consoling them. He consoled me too. He was always like this: not a thought for himself. Always concerned about others.

Reflection
Don't I always crave for approval and appreciation, Mother? Don't I tend to look for consolation? Am I not more ready to receive than give? You know Mother, how a slave I am to others' opinions. And not bothering to give half as much as I receive. Make me a person for others, Mary. May I constantly pour out myself in service.

0 comments: