CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 26, 2007

Supertramp-The Logical Song

The year was 1979. I was 18. Malaysia was only 22 then! This song had hit the charts in the States and a close friend of mine introduced it to me. It was love at first sight, or sound rather! I was hooked by the lyrics and the music. Back then, the song spoke about a sense of loss - loss of innocence, something very close to a certain young ciku's heart! Fast forward to 2007, I see my beloved country at 50 years old, and me at a ripe 46, at a crossroads sort of, I see a nation with many opportunities missed, roads not taken, the dreams of old all but forgotten. Someone once wrote, "Dream dreams and be willing to pay the price to make it come true". Maybe we were unwilling to pay that price....maybe. A logical conclusion perhaps? But nevertheless, a damn good song! Enjoy!


0 comments: