CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Have You Given Thanks Yet?

Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. is today (23/11) and Psalm 149:1-6;9 today exhorts us to NOT FAIL to thank God for all the goodness that comes into our lives. So, what can we be thankful about? Here in Malaysia? Now? In the midst of all the distractions and noise that clang and bang into our lives? Here's my own Top 10 list:

1. The gift of life - that i'm alive, awake, aware (a little at least!)
2. My family - (both the nuclear and extended)
3. My faith (a tiny seed, and most definitely not a mustard because i've yet to see the mountain to go throw itself in the sea at my command!)
4. My job (read: RM!)
5. My bank (read: Loans!)
6. My health (well, i'm here ranting my head off aren't i?!)
7. The founding fathers (whose enlightenedness has made this a country still worth believing in)
8. My closest buddies (collaborators, fellow-travellers, gurus, without whom i'd be a very POOR person indeed!)
9. My God (and my ALL!... as quoted by Thomas so long ago, nothing more need to be said)
10. For ALL that has been and ALL that is yet to come.... Amen!

0 comments: