CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Get Up! Stand Up!

The Catholic Church is organising a day of fast and prayer on December 1st. as a response to the November 5th. Church of Our lady of Lourdes Ipoh commotion following the circulation of false SMSes regarding the supposed baptism of Muslims there.

Up till now, there hasn't been an adequate response either from those responsible for the actions or the relevant authorities. I believe, as rightful and equal citizens of this country, we must press on. May this day of prayer and fast kindle anew hopes for true religious freedom as enshrined in the Constitution and that common sense and justice prevails in our land. Martin Niemoller puts it very aptly:

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.


"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"-- Edmund Burke

0 comments: