CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Al Fatihah: The Ancient Mariner


When I first saw in Rocky's blog that fellow-blogger The Ancient Mariner has died Saturday night, I thought it was a mistake. Because just 4 days earlier the Captain's mother had passed on after illness. So, this came as a shock, especially it was just after I had posted a condolence message on his blog on his mother's passing.

Truth is stranger than fiction they say. I would like to substitute "truth" for "Life" in this incidence at least.

I didn't know the Captain personally, only through the blogosphere. He was one of the old school - gentlemanly, polite, interesting and funny in his own way. They don't make them like that anymore. As he had been with the Klang Port Authority and also the first GM of West Port, his comments on the RM12 billion PKFZ fiasco was always enlightening.

He will be missed by many. The blog scene will be a little duller without him. But, thanks for the memories, Captain.

I always liked the caption on his blog: "I cannot change the direction of the wind; but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination".

Al Fatihah! Bon Voyage!

0 comments: