CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 09, 2008

Where To, Malaysia?

If I believe the news I'm reading on the current state of affairs in the country, I would be very worried. But then, I've stopped buying The Star since GE 08 leaving the occasional Sun or Harian Metro (!) for my daily news-fix. However, even my Online news nowadays seem to reek of "bad news" - just one look at the headlines will tell you all about the state of the nation today:

1. The Bandar Mahkota Cheras fiasco (read here)

2. The Case against RPK (read here)

3. The Continuing Denial of Medical Treatment for Uthayakumar (read here)

4. The Skyrocketing Price of Rice (read here)

5. The Blame Game on Karpal (read here)

.... and I could go on and on..... I stop and ask myself why is this happening. Is it because really, things are so-unmanageable? But then, isn't it the priority of the government of the day to get things done, fairly and with as much justice as possible? On top of that, we have the "now we will, now we won't" posturing by the Pakatan Rakyat's to take over should the BN coalition collapse? Read more on this here.

Why the seemingly "tidak apa" attitude? Why the lack of genuine governance? Why the continued silence on such crucial matters as one ISA detainee's worsening health? Are these people so indifferent to the rakyat's plight? Are they so dumb as they do not know what to do? Are they so cold-hearted to another human being's situation? Or is this all a "wayang kulit" - a masquerade to a more sinister plan? Desperate times call for desperate measures. We have seen this before. Is the Empire waiting to strike back once again?

0 comments: