CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tear Open The Skies and Come Down Lord!

Very dramatic, this phrase from Isaiah 64:1-9. A close friend once quoted this text some 20 years ago. For reasons I still do not comprehend fully, this particular verse came to mind many times when I felt I was being swept under by the tides of life itself. So too it has been this Advent. When I see the changes going on within me and in loved ones, at my workplace, in my neighbourhood, within the church, the precarious state of the environment and especially lately, the socio-politics of this nation, this text comes to mind again:

"Tear Open The Skies and Come Down Lord!"

And and usual I "googled" the subject and found to my pleasant surprise a very uplifting article by a Lutheran minister in the U.S. I promise you it's worth your time!

And so, it's become my own Christmas theme for this year. Go to the link below:

"Tear Open The Skies and Come Down Lord!"

0 comments: