CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 21, 2007

Catholic Herald Faces Possible Ban

From malaysiakini: Catholic weekly in quandary over permit

So, Big Brother is finally making his move. A local version of Martin Niemoller's quote:

First they came for the journalists, and I didn't speak up because I was not a journalist,
Then they came for the judiciary, and I didn't speak up because I was not a judge,

Then they came for the Opposition, and I didn't speak up because I was not the Opposition,
Then they came for the Hindus, and I didn't speak up because I was not a Hindu,
Then they came for me, and by that time, there was no one left to speak up.

Let this not be our sad scenario in the not too distant future. The Herald's annual permit expires in 2 weeks. Time to make some bloody noise. Pray. Tell others. In times like this, "silence is not golden; it's being an accomplice to a crime"

1 comments:

Samuel Goh Kim Eng said...

When I come for my annual bun
They want to serve me with a ban
I don't know that I now need a bin
To communicate with Tom, Dick & Ben

Blessed Merry Christmas & Happy New 2008 Year To All!

(C) Samuel Goh Kim Eng
http://MotivationInMotion.blogspot.com
Fri. 21st Dec. 2007.