CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Journeying Back With Mary (3)

Day 3: The 12th. Station
Jesus dies on the cross

Mary remembers: Jesus, you once said, "Did you not know that I must be busy with my Father's concerns?" Yes.... 3 years of Father's affairs and then this terrible fate. Was this also a part of your Father's business? Oh! how my heart grieved to see you hanging between heaven and earth; how I wished I could ease your pain, but... "be it done to me according to your will."

Reflection:
How cleverly I try to escape from your crucified Son, O Mary. I go about looking for artificial things, forgoing a meal, spending a few hours in prayer, doing little bits of penances. While carrying out these rituals, I forget the cross of reality, the cross implicit in daily fidelity to my commitment. Mother, teach me your ways. Teach me to be present to the reality of the sufferings of my sisters and brothers.

0 comments: